On the day of your TOEFL test, be sure to bring:
- A print out of your confirmation email from ETS;
- A photo identification card.
– Make sure it has a photo of you, and that the ID card is not expired.– Your ID name must match exactly with the name on your confirmation email.– Your identification card must also have your signature on it.– If you are outside your home country, be sure you bring your passport as your ID;
- Layers of clothing. The temperature at the test center can be either too hot or too cold. Make sure you are prepared by having a few layers of clothing that are warm, but can be taken off if it gets too hot;
- A small snack. Usually you have a place to store your items while you take your test. It’s a good idea to bring a snack that you can eat during the break. The TOEFL can last four hours or more, so you likely will need the extra energy.
– Do not eat anything with too much sugar because this can make you have a lot of energy at first, followed by being tired.– Call your test center before your test to make sure they will provide you a space to keep your snack;
- Yourself, fully rested. The TOEFL is a tiring test. For maximum performance, get your body used to the test schedule.
– Get at least two good nights’ sleep the day before the test (not just one).– Further, for several days before the test, try to wake up at the same time as you will on test day. This is to help your body adjust to that schedule.– Finally, the day before the test, set a cut off time for your studying so you do not end up studying all night. For example, set a 5:00 p.m. cut off time for studying, so you can enjoy your dinner and have a relaxing night before the test. It is important to not study all night and be stressed!
Do NOT bring:
- Any valuables or a lot of money. You may not have a secured place to keep it during the test.
- Extra paper, pens and pencils. Paper and pencils will be provided for you at the test center.
Here the official page from ETS to read for yourself: www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/test_day/bring/